To the customers of Sheffield Platers Incorporated.
We want you to know that during the current Covid19 pandemic, SPI is considered an essential business for manufacturing and we are open for business. As all of our businesses are trying to understand the true impact of the Pandemic, we want to assure you that we are doing our best to take appropriate actions to keep our employees safe and healthy and in doing so helping to keep our doors open. Sheffield Platers has taken the following actions in order to ensure the health and well-being of our employees:
- Advising employees not to come to work if they feel sick (or someone in their family is sick).
- When an employee returns to work after an illness, screening that employee to mitigate the opportunity for virus spread.
- Providing adequate spacing so employees can minimize exposure. This may mean reducing labor or adding more shifts with fewer employees.
- All employees including management ae wearing protective face coverings. These masks help to ensure that even someone who is asymptomatic won’t spread the virus. All essential personnel that visit Sheffield, UPS, Fed Ex, Drivers, Couriers, etc. are being required to wear a face covering as well.
- Make sure that the resources provided to employees are in the language employees can understand. Providing reassurance to your employees will go a long way in giving them a comfort level that working during the outbreak will be safe.
While the above actions will help to mitigate health issues within our company, lead times and RFQ response times will be increased. We are working with smaller shifts to ensure social distancing can be maintained, but this does slow the speed of your work through the shop. We are asking for your patience and understanding during this time. We will get through this and we look forward to continuing to serve your electroplating needs now and in the future.
Please see the provided links with information regarding: